When designing the new Alienware AW17R4-7001SLV-PUS they have made sure to try and cram as much high end hardware as possible into this 17.3 inch shell and give gamers exactly what they are looking for. Alienware has been at or near the top of the gaming laptop world for some time and what we want to find out is if they have continued this tradition by going over some of the biggest benefits and downsides it has to offer below.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The powerful Intel Core i7 processor along with plenty of memory at 16 GB means this laptop is ready to face the challenge of the newest and most modern games
– Having a powerful graphics card is a must nowadays with new games really pushing the video limits, This model comes with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 which has 8 GB of dedicated memory and is fully capable of handling these big demands
– Plenty of storage a is a must for any gamer but you still want to get the performance benefits of an SSD so Alienware has included both technologies with a 128 GB SSD plus a large 1 TB SATA drive
– 2 USB 3.0 ports are included so you get the high speed benefits these offer when plugging in external devices
– All of that high end hardware combined with the large 17.3 inch display quickly adds up the weight of this device. It tips the scales at almost 10 pounds making it a very heavy device to carry around for extended periods of time
– The hybrid harddrive setup is great but we would have preferred to see a large SSD instead of the small 128 GB that they have included
There is no question that the Alienware AW17R4-7001SLV-PUS is fully capable of giving you a great gaming experience even when playing modern games. The biggest downside it has is the weight of the device which makes it less than ideal when spending a lot of time on the go.