This 15.6 inch everyday laptop is designed for the average user whether their main activity is relaxing and watching videos or working on completing their latest assignment. On top of all this, it also features touchscreen technology, so you have multiple ways to navigate around the Windows 10 operating system.
The model is the all-new HP 15-BS015DX, and it has a price tag that is well in reach for even those on a budget. Below, we will review some of the benefits and downsides of this model and see just how well it stacks up to the competition.
HP 15-BS015DX Specifications
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 1 TB SATA
- Screen: 15.6 Inch Touchscreen
- OS: Windows 10
- Decently powered so it can handle multitasking and power user type used efficiently due to the Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB of memory
- For those that like to save a lot, the large 1 TB SATA drive is capable of handling it all and most likely with room left over
- The touchscreen gives you an extra feature that can be very useful when navigating around Windows 10
- It weighs just 4.5 pounds which is quite good for a full-sized laptop model
- Not one but two USB 3.1 ports are available with ultra-fast speeds, along with an older USB 2.0 port
- The HDMI port allows you to easily project your display out to a larger viewing area such as an HDTV
- Would have benefited from a faster performing SSD drive instead of the older, slower SATA
- Unlike many new laptops, the optical drive has been left intact, which adds extra bulk and thickness to the design
One of the ways that the HP 15-BS015DX has quickly become so popular is that it has a tiny amount of downsides. Instead of focusing on one or two areas to outperform the competition, it has tried to be average or above average at everything.
It seems like it has succeeded in this goal, and the result is a very well rounded laptop that will work for all types of users.