For many gone are the days where a traditional laptop will grab your attention and instead having a 360 degree hinge design so it can be used as a tablet along with other useful modes is a must. Today we are looking at another one of these style of laptops to be recently released and it is the Samsung Notebook 7 Spin NP740U3M-K01US. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides of this model to see how well it stacks up to the competition.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 12 GB of memory
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 13.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– This model has a 50% increase in system memory compared to many of the other models in this price range. That may not seem like a big deal but can make a huge difference in performance especially when multi-tasking
– The smaller 13.3 inch screen design gives this laptop some great mobility. It only weighs 3.92 pounds making it a pound or more lighter than your typical full sized laptop which makes a real difference when travelling
– We cannot list the benefits without mentioning the 360 degree hinge design. Samsung gives you modes such as laptop, audience, tabletop, presentation and tablet to chose from when using this device making it very easy to find the perfect fit no matter what you are doing
– 9 hours of potential battery life is pretty decent and will keep you going for most of the day
– Putting an SSD drive in this model instead of SATA would have really improved the design even if the SATA that is currently included has a ton of storage space
– For a modern laptop in this price range to only include a single USB 3.0 port is disappointing
– Keyboard is backlit but lacks a numeric keypad for those number cruchers
Other than the lack of an SSD drive there isn’t much bad to say about the Samsung Notebook 7 Spin NP740U3M-K01US, and even with that one fault many will still love the spacious storage space the SATA provides.