MSI is known for their budget high-performance gaming laptops. This time it is another budget Stealth laptop down the list. Considering its price and the specification it can be considered as a lower mid-range gaming laptop. Let’s see how it stacks up in comparison with the others then.
Check out the latest price for the MSI GS63 STEALTH-060
- CPU – Intel Core i7 Quad-Core (7th Gen), 2.8 GHz
- GPU – 2 GB DDR5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- Memory – 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4
- Screen – 15.6-inch Full HD IPS (1,920 x 1,080)
- Storage – 1 TB SATA HDD + 256 GB SSD
- OS – Windows 10 Home edition
- Performance – Let’s have a look at its specs. It includes an Intel i7 processor, 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM and a hybrid storage of 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD. The configuration’s high enough to take on your everyday tasks like video streaming or office works as well as some lightweight gaming (covered later). The transfer rate of the included SSD is not great though. With a transfer speed of roughly 500 MBps, I have to say it’s pretty slow.
- GPU – There’s an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card inside this machine. Not utterly powerful but it is capable enough to tackle some of your casual gaming needs. It can handle games like Witcher 3 (>60 fps in 1080p High), Crysis 3 (>60 fps in 1080p High) and Fallout 4 (~60 fps in 1080p High) in 1080p display option in medium or high quality as anything greater than that can be too much to handle for this GPU.
- Keyboard – The keyboard works smoothly. The key travel distance is pretty good at 2.2 mm. Many laptops nowadays include a much shallower keyboard. Also, you’d find typing in this keyboard a pleasure with the minimum keypress force being 60 grams. In a nutshell, the keyboard is quite good for typing. On top of that, the keyboard is fully backlit with complete RGB customisation possible. There’s one drawback though, the backlight can be altered only as 3 zones; each key individually is not customisable.
- Display – Yet being a gaming laptop Stealth-060 comes equipped with a pretty poor panel. The first thing you’d notice is that the colours look pretty dang shallow. And that’s pretty obvious with a sRGB colour coverage of mere 70%. Most of the gaming laptops that come at this price range include a more vivid screen. The next thing you’d find is that the display is pretty dim as well with an average brightness of 250 nits. Now, this might be enough for working in a room away from a powerful light source but is hopelessly insufficient for working outdoors in broad daylight. In short, the display is a pure sucker for that price tag.
- Fingerprint magnet – It looks gorgeous. You better make sure to take a good look at it while unboxing. Because it isn’t gonna be as beautiful anymore as that after you start using it. I mean it’s brushed Aluminium. Even the slightest of touch leaves pretty obvious and disgusting marks. You better carry that napkin with you every time you open it.
While having some drawbacks it does have some great positives to it at the same time. Considering them, MSI GS63 STEALTH-060 can be a good laptop to quench your thirst for casual gaming as it has all the potential to be the choice to be your occasional gaming laptop.