It may look like a Chromebook but it is actually powered by the all familiar Windows 10 operating system. Chromebook laptops have been chipping away at the budget laptop market for a couple of years now and the Lenovo 100S-14IBR 80R900FXUS is one of the laptops trying to reverse this trend for Microsoft. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and hopefully help you make the decision if it might be right for you.
Processor: Intel Celeron
Memory: 2 GB of RAM
Storage: 32 GB eMMC
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– A 14 inch screen may not seem like a big drop down from a full sized 15.6 but it makes a real difference when it comes to mobility as can be seen from the lightweight of this device of just 3.15 pounds. This makes it a very good option for those who are on the go often
– Battery life is reasonable for a laptop in this price range at 7 hours on a single charge
– Those looking to save a little bit of money will love the budget friendly price
– Includes 1 year subscription to Microsoft Office 365
– Very underpowered with only an Intel Celeron processor and a measly 2 GB of RAM. Consumers that do anything beyond the basics should have serious concerns about performance
– Storage capacity is limited with only a 32 GB drive available which will force you to use alternatives like online storage or external drives
– The optical drive has not been included in this model
– Basic Intel HD graphics will not be well suited to hardcore gaming of any kind
The Lenovo 100S-14IBR 80R900FXUS isn’t meant to be a high end laptop, and it obviously isn’t based on the specifications it comes with. That being said it is still a great low cost option for those on a budget or who just don’t need anything beyond a very basic laptop.