With Chromebook model laptops gaining so much attention, Windows knew it had to come out with an answer and that answer is the HP Stream. Today we look at the HP Stream 14-ax030wm which is a compact, affordable laptop similar to a Chromebook but instead with that familiar Windows software. Below we are going to go over some of the benefits and downsides we were able to find on this device and see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Celeron
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 32 GB
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Many people like the large and easy to use display of a 15.6 inch laptop model but would prefer better mobility. That is where the 14 inch display comes in, It isn’t a huge drop in viewing area but makes a very noticeable difference in the weight and size of the device
– Due to the 14 inch screen size the HP Stream has been able to achieve a low weight of just 3.17 pounds making it very easy to carry for extended periods of time
– HP has done a great job with battery life by providing almost 11 full hours on a single charge
– Enjoy a full year of Office 365 for free with the purchase of this laptop
– Even though it is compact you still get a full sized keyboard
– Very limited storage space with only 32 GB available, This is very similar to what you find in current Chromebook devices
– The Intel Celeron is one of the lowest end processors available and is only capable of handling basic tasks. If you consider yourself a high end user you will quickly start to see performance issues with this
The HP Stream 14-ax030wm is a great alternative to a Chromebook for those who would rather stick with something they are familiar with and is compatible most popular software packages.