Tired of the big name brands like HP and Dell and what they have offered. Maybe it is time to try one of the up and coming laptop makers such as Gigabyte and their P57Xv7-KL2 model. This isn’t a cookie cutter mid-range model but instead a high powered device that is great for both gaming or just high end work. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides of this model and see just how well it stacks up to the competition.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Gamers need a high end graphics card to play some of the modern games that are available and this model comes with as good as any other device on the market. The GeForce GTX 1070 has 8 GB of dedicated memory and will easily handle even the most video intensive games out there
– No shortage of power with the Intel Core i7 processor and 16 GB of memory included
– The hybrid harddrive setup gives you the best of both worlds with fast boot up times as well as ample storage for all your file needs
– If you prefer gaming or working on the big screen the large 17.3 inch display is a great addition to this laptop
– The combination of a large drive as well as dual hard drives adds some serious weight to this setup. It tips the scales at over 6 pounds making it a bit bulky to carry around for extended periods of time
– It would have been better if the SSD hard drive in this setup was larger than 128 GB but that is a minor complaint
The Gigabyte P57Xv7-KL2 has all the important features that you would expect from a top end gaming machine and makes an appears to make an excellent choice.