The Asus Zenbook series is pretty famous for its durable and sturdy design with good configuration delivering on a limited budget. The ZenBook UX330UA-AH55 model has got itself quite a good name. The predecessor to this version of the laptop, the Asus 305UA, had some obvious flaws and drawbacks to it. So, let’s see how it stacks up in comparison to its predecessor.
- CPU – Intel Core i5 Quad-Core (8th Gen), 1.6 GHz
- GPU – Intel HD Graphics 620
- Memory – 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3
- Screen – 13.3-inch Full HD IPS (1,920 x 1,080) with 10 point touch screen
- Storage – 256 GB SSD
- OS – Windows 10 Home edition
- Design – Asus ZenBook UX330UA-AH55 has got a stylish looks for sure. The outer casing is made of metal rather than some cheap plastic, giving it a superior look. The bottom half has plastic finish though. Mostly to save you from the scorching heat, I think, as metal could only have worsened the situation. Another thing to notice is that some people are complaining about the hinges not being flexible enough to open the laptop enough to get a comfortable view.
- Battery – It has got a good and long battery backup. While using it for some lightweight tasks it shows a battery backup of 9 hours. Doing intense jobs, like running video editing software, can drag the longevity to a poor 2 hours. On an average, the laptop lasts as long as 6 to 6 and a half hour for standard stuff like surfing the net or watching videos. Not bad, not bad…
- Performance – It boasts of a powerful Core i5 processor, 8 gigs of RAM and a super fast 256 GB SSD. The processor can tackle almost any standard task quite easily. The SSD helps to step up the performance of the laptop by providing a good transfer rate consistently (500 MBps for read and 300 MBps for write operation).
- Fans – The fans sure are a bit noisy. They literally start to whine while doing some intense work. It can be bothersome to use this laptop in a silent place like a library or a conference room. The noise diminishes by a great deal in the idle mode.
- Small SSD – Although the solid state drive is one of the good things about this laptop, it also is a bad side. The 256 GB external storage is hardly enough nowadays. It would have been best if it came with an additional hard disk drive (aka hybrid storage system). By the way, the SSD used in this model, if you ask me, is not one of the greatest SSDs in the market.
The Asus ZenBook UX330UA-AH55 is a good limited budget laptop. Asus has done some great upgrades from their previous model. You get some quite cool features such as backlit keyboard and USB type-C ports. It may not be a good fit for heavy usage, but would be perfect for doing your office jobs on the go. Highly Recommended.