Gaming laptops tend to be big large devices with monster screens and high end hardware that also cause them to be heavy and thick. That doesn’t always need to be the case though as they are trying to prove with the Alienware AW13R3-7000SLV-PUS which is actually a compact 13.3 inch laptop design for those that want to game but be on the go as well. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 13.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– 5.8 pounds will sound quite heavy for a 13.3 inch laptop model but when you consider this is a gaming device it is actually quite good. We have reviewed many gaming laptops that weigh as much as 10 pounds so compared to this it is a very lightweight and easy to carry device
– If you are looking to take advantage of one of the newest technologies to take over gaming which is virtual reality it will be nice to know this laptop is designed for VR
– The NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics card is very capable of handling the latest and most demanding games
– OC controls on this Alienware model allow you to customize the settings beyond what you expect from most laptops. This includes such things as overclocking levels
– Many of the newer gaming laptops come with hybrid hard drive setups so you get the benefits of SSD while still having plenty of storage. On this model you will only find a single 256 GB SSD drive which may leave you tight on space especially when starting to download many large games
– Most of the specifications on this model are quite good except for when it comes to memory where you will only find 8 GB. Luckily the system can be expanded to 32 GB if you find this impacts your gaming performance
The Alienware AW13R3-7000SLV-PUS isn’t the most powerful gaming laptop available but it is one of the lightest and most compact. For those willing to give up a little bit of performance to get extra mobility this seems like a very good option.