Tired of those compact laptops that force you to get by with a much too small screen? If that sounds like you the new Lenovo 81M0S00000 with its large 17.3 inch display might be just what your looking for. Below we will review some of the key benefits and downsides to this model to see if it might be the right choice for your next laptop purchase.
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
- With the large 17.3 inch display you always have plenty of screen real estate even when your on the go and don’t have the option to hook up to a larger external monitor
- Storage space is excellent with a large 1 TB hard drive included
- The Intel Core i3 is known for high end processing but it does offer a nice step up from some of the budget model processors we see in other low cost options
- This model comes with 8 GB of memory which is good but not great, what is nice is the fact it can support up to 16 GB so upgrading if you need additional performance is an easy option
- At a little over 6 pounds this laptop isn’t light and that is to be expected with a large 17.3 inch display. Keep this in mind if you plan on travelling heavily with this model
- We love the large amount of storage space but one negative about this is the lack of an SSD and the decision to go with a SATA drive instead. SSD offers superior performance and would have been a great addition to this setup
- With only a basic integrated graphics card you won’t be able to take advantage of the large display to enjoy high end gaming
This laptop from Lenovo is well suited for those who do basic day to day computing but prefer a large screen over something more compact. It may not be the best when it comes to mobility due to the extra weight of this larger screen but for some that is an easy sacrifice to make to enjoy the added viewing area.