If you are looking to take a step up from what a budget laptop model can provide but still stay at a reasonable price the all new Asus VivoBook
X420UA-CBI5A might be just what your after. This is yet another quality mid-range laptop option from Asus and below we will review some of its key benefits and downsides.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
- By taking the small step down from a full sized 15.6 inch display to a 14 it makes a world of difference in the mobility of this model. It weighs a very light 3.09 pounds and is great for taking on the go
- The Intel Core i5 processor may not get the headlines like its more powerful sibling the i7 but it is still a very capable processor and can easily handle the demands of most users
- The addition of an SSD drive helps give this laptop even better performance due to the faster read and write times this technology provides
- Must have technologies like HDMI and built-in media card reader are included in this model
- Overall the addition of an SSD drive is a plus but even though it brings faster performance it lacks any significant storage space with only 128 GB available
- The basic integrated graphics card on this laptop will make gaming difficult as it won’t be able to handle the high video demands of most modern games
Outside of gaming this laptop has just about everything the typical user will want. It has enough performance to handle most applications while still being budget friendly enough to be affordable for the average person. If gaming is not a top priority for you than this model appears to be a great choice.