The HP Stream laptops are designed to be a direct competitor against the low cost Chromebook models that have flooded the market over the last few years. The HP Stream S14-CB160NR is one of the newest types of these models and they feature plenty of the same cost efficient hardware but instead of running Googles Chrome OS it comes with Windows instead. Below we will look at some of the benefits and downsides to this model to help you make the right choice.
Processor: Intel Celeron
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 64 GB eMMC
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– These laptops are all about being budget friendly and this model can be had for a price tag that is affordable for just about any laptop shopper
– Along with being affordable they are great for taking on the go. With the 14 inch display it is more compact than your standard sized laptop and only weighs 3.17 pounds
– Battery life is amazing on this mobile friendly device with the potential to get up to 14.25 hours on a single charge
– Even with the compact design they have been able to include 2 USB 3.0 ports, HDMI and even a built-in card reader
– The biggest concern on this laptop model for those that do more than just the basics is the lack of high end hardware. It only comes with a low end Intel Celeron processor and a mere 4 GB of RAM meaning it is under powered compared to most modern laptops
– Storage is somewhat limited with only a 64 GB eMMC drive available, similar to Chromebooks you will need to use online storage or external storage if you save any amount of data
– Unsurprisingly the optical drive has not been included in this model
The HP Stream S14-CB160NR is a great option for those looking for a basic laptop with great mobility features for a very low price tag but is well suited to the high end user that has high demands of their laptop.