Gaming on laptops has become a huge business and every laptop maker is trying to get their fair share. Today we are looking at the Dell G5 BBY-78KFDFX which is one of the latest gaming laptops to be released by Dell and it includes plenty of high specs. Below we will breakdown the benefits and downsides to this model and see if it might be the right choice for you when selecting your next laptop model.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA plus 128 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The powerful Intel Core i7 processor is what you will find powering this new laptop and it easily has the processing power to handle gaming or any other task you might want to accomplish with this device
– Storage place is plentiful and it comes with a dual hard drive setup. The SATA is large and spacious with 1 TB of storage space available and the SSD is smaller at just 128 GB but has much faster performance and a great spot for your heavily accessed files
– The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card has 4 GB of dedicated memory making it fully capable of handling the workload from modern games
– The Backlit keyboard is a nice touch
– The biggest disappointment when it comes to specs is the fact it only has 8 GB of RAM. Mid-range laptops have 8 GB of RAM so we would expect more from a high end gaming device
– It is a bit on the heavy side at just under 6 pounds so it will not be the best choice for highly mobile users
– This probably shouldn’t be a shock for most but it does not come with an optical drive and if you decide you need to use physical media it will require an external drive
The Dell G5 BBY-78KFDFX may not be the most powerful gaming laptop on the market but when you compare the price tag to what you get it actually seems to stack up quite well to the competition.