Sylvania is a brand that most people have not heard of. They manufacture consumer electronics of all sorts, and right now, they’re trying to get into the television market. This is an inexpensive – only three-hundred and fifty-dollars – HDTV that is simple and easy to use, while delivering a good viewing experience.
Screen Size: 39 Inches
Display Technology: LED
Connectivity Technology: No
HDMI Ports: 3
Resolution: 1920 X 1080
– The price is good. Inexpensive. Cheap. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get this television set. However, for a little bit more, you could get a model by a more well-known brand such as LG or VIZIO, and those models are 4K and they come with Smart TV features.
– Crisp and clear images. The resolution is 1080p, and it really does look very good. The images are vibrant and you can easily enjoy your viewing experience.
– Three HDMI ports ensures that you won’t need to constantly fiddle with your devices and that there is adequate room for your devices to be plugged in.
– For an HDTV by a relatively unknown brand, this is a risky purchase. You can spend a bit more money to get a better, and safer, model by a more well-known brand such as Samsung or VIZIO.
– No extra functionality. This isn’t a Smart TV. There are no Smart TV features. And you really can’t do much else with this television set if you don’t have either a cable box, Blu-Ray Player, or a console.
– Many customers have complained that after a few months the set stops working for no apparent reason. This is something to take note of, as many people have written about this. That, and the fact that this is a relatively unknown brand, which does not inspire trust.
While the Sylvania SLED3917 is not a bad television set, you really don’t get a lot for the price, and there are a number of features that aren’t present, but really should be. If you want a cheap and inexpensive television set, this might be the right one, but do so with caution.