If your looking for an great everyday computer that can still handle the average gamers workload you may be in luck with the all new Acer Aspire A515-51G-53MR. This is a standard 15.6 inch model that is mid-range through and through with the added benefit of an above average graphics card compared to what you typical see in mid-range options. Below we will identify some of the biggest benefits and downsides it has to offer and hopefully help you decide if it is right for you.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– While having a huge harddrive looks great on any new model the reality is that most consumers have no need for a full 1 TB of space. That being said a smaller but much faster performing option like a 256 GB SSD is more ideal and that is exactly what you will find in this model
– The Nvidia GeForce MX150 has 2 GB of dedicated memory and can handle the demands of most modern games well enough to give the end user a good gaming experience
– 7 hours of battery life may not wow many people nowadays but is still quite decent and enough to keep most consumers quite happy
– It even includes a backlit keyboard which is a great little feature to have available on any new laptop
– The lack of a touchscreen will be a disappointment for those looking to take advantage of this newer technology and the ease of use benefits it has
– It isn’t overly big and bulky but at 4.85 pounds it isn’t a super mobile friendly option either
– The price is a little on the high side for a mid-range option and mainly driven up by the addition of a decent graphics card
Everyday users who don’t want to go all out on an expensive gaming option will find the Acer Aspire A515-51G-53MR is a great balance between the two options.