Sceptre’s latest budget model, the E205BV-SMQC, is a twenty-inch television built for simplicity and ease-of-use. For that reason, if you are an enthusiast, this probably isn’t the option for you. However, if you are looking for a smaller, budget television set, then keep on reading, because this one might be just for you!
Screen Size: 20 Inches
Display Technology: LED
Connectivity Technology: No
HDMI Ports: 1
- The E205BV-SMQC is an inexpensive television – only ninety-dollars on Amazon – and because of that, it’s perfect for someone who is on a budget. Someone who just wants an inexpensive, easy to use, television set that can accommodate their needs, which may consist of watching television and movies.
- Simplicity is key. You plug the television in, you plug your cable box in and your DVD Player, and it works. It just works. There is no hassle or anything of that sort. This option is perfect for someone who is looking for simplicity and elegance.
- Using a USB port you can listen to your music and peruse your family photos. This television may lack some of the extended connectivity technologies that newer, more expensive, televisions have, but you can still listen to music and look at photos, which is more than can be said for some other budget televisions.
- The picture resolution is only 720p, and while that does look good, it is not ideal. If you are looking for a certain crispness and clarity, you would be better served to find a more expensive Sceptre model, or even a Sony model.
- Only one HDMI port. Due to the size of this model, this is somewhat explanatory. That said, it really is quite inconvenient if you have, say, a DVD Player and a Playstation, because you’ll have to constantly unplug one to use the other.
The Sceptre E205BV-SMQC is a budget model that is perfect for someone on a very tight budget, with few demands with regards to picture quality and connectivity. It’s an easy to use television set, and you can easily set it up in just a few minutes after you get it out of the box. For that reason, if you want something small, compact, and inexpensive, then this is the television for you.