The all new Asus FX503VD-WH51 is both powerful enough to be a gaming laptop but low cost enough to be an everyday laptop as well. This combination makes it a great fit for those that need both an everyday laptop but also want to be able to kick back and enjoy some gaming from time to time. Below we are going to dive a bit deeper into this model and see what some of the benefits and downsides are should you choose to make it your next purchase.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB FireCuda SSHD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10 Home
– While it isn’t going to give you the same performance that you will find in a true SSD the 1 TB FireCuda SSHD is still an improvement over a traditional SATA drive and eliminates one of the biggest drawbacks to SSD which is limited space
– The Intel Core i5 processor is a nice balance between performance and affordability. It may not have the same name recognition as the i7 but make not mistake, the i5 performs quite well
– This model isn’t as big and bulky as many of the gaming laptops available with a total weight of 5.7 pounds which makes it a more realistic laptop for those that have to do more than just game with it
– Yes, the Nvidia GTX 1050 can handle basic gaming well but with only 2 GB of dedicated memory available it isn’t going to give you the same level of performance the higher end models will provide when playing games that have resource intensive graphics
– You will not find an optical drive on this model
– For many gaming requires a big screen and that may have some gamers hesitate about the standard size 15.6 inch display that comes on this model instead of a large 17.1 inch
The Asus FX503VD-WH51 isn’t an overwhelmingly high performing gaming laptop but it covers the basics quite well without hurting your wallet too much and still providing a good functioning everyday laptop.