Today we are going to take a look at the all new Acer Swift 3 SF315-41-R8PP which is a 15.6 inch laptop model that also comes with the new AMD Ryzen 5 processor. Intel has long dominated the laptop market but with the Ryzen release AMD is starting to really challenge the status quo. Below we are going to review some of the key benefits and downsides on this new laptop model so you can make the choice if it is right for you.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The AMD Ryzen 5 along with 8 GB of memory provide this laptop with enough performance to easily handle the average users workload. No matter if it is just basic day to day browsing or heavy multi-tasking that you are trying to accomplish this combination of hardware will be able to keep pace
– There is no question that SSD is superior over SATA when it comes to getting the best performance out of your laptop. The reason for this is that it lacks moving parts compared to SATA so it can read and write data much quicker and this model includes a 256 GB SSD
– The laptop is quite slim at just 0.75 Inches
– It includes a back lit keyboard which is great for working in poorly lit locations
– It is difficult to put this in the downside category since it isn’t overly disappointing but with up to 8 hours of battery life possible it does fall behind some of the best options in this category
– While overall the SSD hard drive is a positive one of its limitations is storage capacity. At just 256 GB it may not be quite enough for those heavy file savers out there
– You won’t find an optical drive on this model so if you still use physical media like CD’s and DVD’s you will be forced to purchase an external device for this purpose
The Acer Swift 3 SF315-41-R8PP is a well rounded laptop that doesn’t really wow in any single category but doesn’t really disappoint either making it a nice option for the average laptop user.