Lenovo is known for delivering quality products over the years. And Lenovo Ideapad series is made solely to meet this promise at a reasonable price. Today we will look at Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15IKB 80XL000FUS, one of the members of Ideapad. Let’s get into the review then.
- CPU – Intel Core i7 Dual-Core (7th Gen), 2.7 GHz
- GPU – Intel HD Graphics 620
- Memory – 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4
- Screen – 15.6-inch HD IPS (1,366 x 768) with 10 point touch screen
- Storage – 2 TB SATA HDD
- OS – Windows 10 Home edition
- Price – Lenovo IdeaPad 320 has been priced pretty affordably. It can be quite a hard job to find a laptop that comes with an i7, 16 gigs of RAM and 2 TB of external storage in this price range. The most of the competing models are pricier even more than $100 to $250.
- Performance – The Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15IKB 80XL000FUS comes with an Intel Core i7 processor, a solid 16 GB of RAM and 2 TB of external storage. The processing power of this laptop is as good as it should be. It can handle multitasking jobs like surfing the net and playing HD videos simultaneously pretty fluently thanks to the powerful processor and the big memory. If one aspect where it suffers is its graphical capabilities provided its limited inbuilt Intel HD Graphics 620 GPU. On synthetic graphics tests, it almost caught up with the performance of a NVIDIA 920M. Even so, it can run comfortably a handful of slightly older games like the Bioshock infinite in low settings at 55 fps.
- Noise – Okay, we are not talking about the fan noise here. The fans usually remain on the quieter edge in standard situations. They might just get a bit louder when doing some intense tasks. But even so, they hardly are overly noisy. The culprit here is the clunky hard disk drive. While on the load they start to roar as much as to make it inappropriate for working in a noise sensitive area.
- Battery – The 30 Wh battery is hardly enough to run a full-size ultrabook like this. It lasts around 10 hours in the idle mode which is pretty impressive. But the scenario changes when using it under load conditions. It stays alive for even less than 3 and a half hour before the battery runs out of juice while using it for internet surfing.
- Audio – The audio quality is pretty poor nonetheless. The otherwise loud speakers lack any details or bass. In short, they are quite coarse in quality. Better use some external speaker or headphone.
Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15IKB 80XL000FUS is a great low mid-range laptop. Even though it has got some performance and execution issues, which was inevitable as they had to cut down some of the features to maintain the budget, it still stands out in its class. So, if you want a good all-round performer on a limited budget this should not be missed.