Today we are going to take a look at another Dell, Inspiron I7779-1684GRY. If you are in search of a mid-tier laptop, Inspiron is made just for you. Okay then, without further ado, let’s dive in.
- CPU – Intel Core i7 (7th Gen), 2.7 GHz
- GPU – 2 GB DDR5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 940MX
- Memory – 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4
- Screen – 17.3-inch Full HD IPS (1,920x 1,080) with touchscreen
- Storage – 1 TB SATA HDD
- OS – Windows 10 Home edition
- Speed – The Inspiron I7779-1684GRY is already pretty fast with its Intel Core i7 processor and a big 16 GB RAM. It can tackle almost any regular task fluently and efficiently, provided that it doesn’t require huge graphical resources. If one wants to make it even faster, almost as fast as a Cheetah, one can easily replace the old and clunky hard disk drive with a superfast solid state drive.
- Cooling – The cooling system used in this Inspiron does a good job in keeping the laptop at a tolerable temperature even after using it for an extended amount of time. The back gets very little hot making it perfect for using on one’s lap. Although some do complain about the fans being super noisy at times.
- Power button – How can you put the power button there?? Yes, right there; at the side of the laptop. I mean, it’s the worst possible place for a power button on a laptop. It surely would haunt you every time you try to reposition the laptop until you get accustomed to it. Almost all the users have found this irritating and a stupid design issue.
- No optical drive – There is no optical disk drive in this laptop. So if still need to play those old and dirty CDs, you need to buy an external disk drive.
If you’re looking for a good higher mid-range laptop for your everyday regular tasks, Dell Inspiron I7779-1684GRY can be a good choice for you. It does have some downsides to it though; no one’s denying that. But it isn’t a beast to tackle all those graphics heavy stuff. So, if you keep a reasonable expectation, this can be a good choice for you.