Asus has been a consistent and quality supplier of 2 in 1 notebooks for years now. Some of them were phenomenal in their class. Today, we are gonna take a closer look at another 2 in 1 laptop/tablet, Asus VivoBook Flip 14 TP410UA-DB71T.
- CPU – Intel Core i7 Quad-Core (7th Gen), 2.7 GHz
- GPU – Intel HD Graphics 620
- Memory – 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4, extendable upto 16 GB
- Screen – 14-inch Full HD IPS (1,920 x 1,080) with multitouch screen
- Storage – 1 TB SATA HDD
- OS – Windows 10 Home edition
- Screen – Asus VivoBook Flip 14 TP410UA-DB71T comes with a crystal clear 14-inch FHD display. The screen has a glossy finish. So, it might be bothersome working outdoors. Also, the bezels are pretty slim; merely 0.35 inch from the sides. The cut-down bezel gives the laptop a really slim and slick look. It comes with touchscreen for hands-on control supporting Asus’s Pen Stylus. The touchscreen works pretty great actually; really sensitive, in fact.
- Performance – The Intel i7 processor is powerful enough to handle almost any normal task that can be thrown safely at a general purpose laptop. VivoBook Flip 14 performs quite fluently under normal circumstances including running light photo editing software.
- Price – Price is another big plus point of this laptop. It comes with a powerful 7th generation i7 processor and a big 1 TB HDD which is quite admirable at this price range. Some of the other laptops who offer the same configurations are almost 25% to 30% costlier than this.
- Slow HDD – Now, this model includes one of those old-school Hard disk drives making the overall performance shift towards the slower end. I would have been much happier, had they given a Solid state drive instead of an HDD. But again, it’s a budget laptop directed to be a good overall performer. So, no over the top expectations.
- No storage for stylus – Another very very important thing (okay, not that important either; but worthy of mentioning) to notice is that there is no place for keeping the Stylus in your laptop. So if you are as forgetful as me, blame Asus if you happen to not find your stylus when it’s needed the most.
Asus Vivobook 5 has been pretty affordably priced. If you’re in the find for some great general purpose laptop but you’re also on a tight budget, then you should consider this one. It’s perfect for anybody in need of a laptop for submitting school project or giving a presentation to the clients.