When it comes to producing lightweight laptops your not going to find much better than the LG gram lineup of laptops. LG has put a lot of effort into making sure these laptops are great for on the go use and today the specific model we are looking at is the LG gram 13Z970A-AAS5U1. This is a 13.3 inch model that tries to give you a perfect balance of mobility and performance. Below we will review some of the benefits and downsides to this device and see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 13.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– At just 2.1 pounds this laptop is less than half the weight of a typical 15.6 inch laptop model. It is easy to see why users of the LG gram lineup of laptops find it very convenient when on the go
– The Intel Core i5 processor is a step below the i7 but still packs a very solid punch in the performance department. Unless you consider yourself a very high end user the step down to an i5 should not concern you
– Keyboard and mouse are not the only way to communicate with this laptop as it also comes with touchscreen technology
– 2 high speed USB 3.0 ports are also included
– If you are a gamer or somebody who plans on playing high end games at all the lack of a solid graphics card in this model will be a disappointment
– One of the ways they have made this design lighter and slimmer is by removing the optical drive. Most users have moved on from this technology so this is a non issue but for those that still use physical media like DVD’s and CD’s it will be a big drawback
If having one of the lightest and slimmest laptops on the market is high on your list of must haves than the LG gram 13Z970A-AAS5U1 makes an excellent choice.