Many of the large 17.3 inch laptop models that are available are geared towards the high end gamer and may come with some impressive specifications but also come with some scary price tags. For those who just want a more basic laptop but that still has a large display the options are a little more limited but the HP Pavilion 17-ar050wm which we are reviewing today is one such laptop. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see if it might be the right choice for you.
Processor: AMD A10
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The large 17.3 inch display gives you plenty of viewing area and with it being full HD delivers some good quality video as well
– It is decently powered as well with the AMD A10 processor along with 8 GB of memory so it will easily handle the average users workload
– For those that still use physical media the fact it has an optical drive is a big bonus
– Includes a full sized keyboard plus a numeric keypad
– Has SD card reader that supports all the popular formats
– Has one USB 3.1 Type-C port along with two more regular USB 3.1 ports to give you plenty of options to plug in your high speed external devices
– Unlike many of the newer models it does not support touchscreen technology
– Not surprisingly due to the large display it is heavier than your typical laptop. It weighs just over 6 pounds which can make it awkward to carry for extended periods of time when on the go
– This model is not an ideal option for gamers since it only comes with a basic integrated graphics card
Those looking for a big screen experience without the high cost of a gaming laptop will find that the HP Pavilion 17-ar050wm is a very good option. It has enough performance to satisfy the average user along with having plenty of viewing area.