There is just so much hype going on in the market nowadays of what a gaming laptop should and could do. And it’s quite inevitable with more and more games full of stunning and eye-catching graphics releasing each day. Gigabyte comes with a perfect solution. Today, we are going to look at the nitty-gritty details of Gigabyte P55Wv7-KL3.
- CPU – Intel Core i7 Quad-Core (7th Gen), 2.8 GHz
- GPU – 6 GB DDR5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
- Memory – 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4, extendable upto 32 GB
- Screen – 15.6-inch Full HD IPS (1,920 x 1,080)
- Storage – 1 TB SATA HDD + 256 GB SSD
- OS – Windows 10 Home edition
- Performance – It does live up to its name with an Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB RAM (expandable up to 32 GB with 2 slots) and a ravishing NVidia GTX 1060 graphics card. The anti-glare IPS display helps in getting the most out of it. It can handle almost all the popular and well-known games like Resident Evil 7, Dishonored 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Witcher 3 at maximum settings.
- Battery – It’s offering us with a 6-cell 63 Wh Li-ion battery capable of running for hours. While in the standby or idle mode, it stays alive for more than 12 hours. While surfing the internet and doing some standard tasks, it lasts for almost 3 and a half hours to 4 hours. So, it’s not half bad actually, if not the best.
- Weight – It weighs around 5.7 pounds. It certainly is not the lightest laptop in the world. But looking at the fact that it’s a gaming laptop it can be considered as a positive aspect. Also remember, there ARE some laptops which can be as heavy as a gigantic 10 pound (aka Alienware).
- Cooling – One of the major requirements of a good gaming laptop is a top-notch cooling and ventilation system. And Gigabyte P55Wv7-KL3 performs pretty poorly in this department. A bit of a heating issue can be seen after some prolonged use. Wait, did I say a bit?? I mean, a lot. The temperature can reach even up to a 100°C. The fans also tend to be a bit too noisy. So it would be best if you use an external cooling mechanism.
- Fingerprint magnet – The material used in the casing of this laptop is prone to attract fingerprints. Not like it’s a big setback or something like that, but it’s worth mentioning.
- Sound quality – The sound quality of the speakers that come out of the box is somewhat not up to the mark. They can cause unnecessary noise and glitches. They also lack the subwoofer.
If you’d like to add another beast in your collection, then this is for you. It certainly would cost you a bit; it might even burn a hole in your pocket. But at the end of the day, it’s worth every penny that you spend. So if you want it, then dive in head first.