At first glance the Asus ZenBook Pro UX501VW-XS74T seems to cover off all the requirements for a high end laptop. These include high end performance, touchscreen technology and even a graphics card that can keep up with the latest and greatest games. Below we are going to review this laptop a bit closer and see if it really is as good as it looks by going over some of its benefits and downsides so hopefully you can make the choice if it is right for you.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Are you somebody who has high demands on your laptop and its performance? You can rest assured this model will be able to handle your demands due to its powerful Intel Core i7 processor which is backed by plenty of memory at 16 GB
– USB 3.0 is the obvious way to go now for the best performance and Asus has made sure to have all 3 available ports running on this newer and faster technology
– The 4K/UHD 15.6 inch touchscreen not only delivers a very solid picture but gives you a completely different and more natural way to communicate with your laptop
– The GeForce GTX 960M graphics card has 4 GB of dedicated memory and can easily handle the video demands of most modern games
– With everything else so impressive on this laptop it was very disappointing to see the battery life that it is capable of. With only up to 6 hours possible on a single charge it falls behind many of the other top models
– This laptop isn’t extremely heavy but far from a super lightweight model either with a total weight of 5 pounds
– You are going to have to be willing to really spend some money to get this laptop as it is far from budget friendly
The Asus ZenBook Pro UX501VW-XS74T is very impressive in many ways with the only real downsides being the poor battery life which may turn away some buyers that put mobility high on their must have list.