Gaming laptops are never cheap but some currently available have some ridiculous prices. For those that want to stay within a reasonable budget while still having a laptop that can handle modern games they might want to checkout the all new Asus ROG Strix GL503VD-DB71. This laptop still has plenty of power but at around the $1000 mark is actually decently affordable. Below we will review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see if it might be an option for your next gaming rig.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SSHD
Screen: 15 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– You are going to find much more performance in this model than your average laptop due to the high end Intel Core i7 processor and 16 GB of memory
– Gaming laptops tend to be quite heavy but this model only weighs 4.9 pounds which is similar to average full sized laptops so it is more practical for on the go use as well
– The GTX 1050 graphics card has 4 GB of dedicated memory and can easily handle the intense video of most new games
– The SSHD FireCuda drive is a great way to see some of the same benefits that an SSD provides but without the limited storage space or added weight of having to have two separate drives like many of the other gaming options
– Internal speakers are just average and to get a good gaming experience you will probably want external speakers or a headset
– It still includes a USB 2.0 port to go along with the USB 3.0 ports available, For a high end laptop like this we would expect 100% USB 3.0
The Asus ROG Strix GL503VD-DB71 offers much of the same experience that you will get with the more expensive gaming options so seems to be a great option for those looking to save a little money while still having a high end gaming machine.