Chrome OS laptops have been a little bit slower to come out with 2-in-1 designs but we have one to review today which is the Asus Flip Chromebook C100PA-RBRKT07. This is a compact 10.1 inch model and with the touch screen technology and convertible design easily competes with many of the popular Windows models that are currently available. Below we are going to go over some of the benefits and downsides of this Asus and see just how well it stacks up.
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 16 GB eMMC
Screen: 10.1 Inches
OS: Chrome OS
– Includes a touchscreen
– 2-in-1 design lets you quickly and easily change from a laptop to tablet and it even has audience, tabletop and presentation modes to give you even more flexability
– At just 2 pounds it is one of the lighter laptops you are going to find available
– Battery life is above average with up to 9 hours possible on a single charge
– Built in media card reader that supports all of the popular formats such as MicroSD
– Built in cloud support allows you to save your files directly to your Google Drive account
– Storage is very limited even for a Chromebook with only 16 GB of space available, Luckily it includes built in cloud support since you will need it if you save any amount of data
– Does not include any USB 3.0 ports, both ports that are available run on the older and slower USB 2.0 technology
– Operating system will take some getting used to for those that are used to using Windows and Apple devices
The 2-in-1 design is a great addition to Chromebook and should allow the Asus Flip Chromebook C100PA-RBRKT07 to quickly become a very popular option. It doesn’t have the same performance and features you would expect from a full sized model but costs a fraction of the price and still covers the basics quite well.