The ASUS Q524UQ Convertible 2-in-1 is a truly versatile 15.6-inch laptop. It converts to a tablet seamlessly with its flip hinge, boasting a full HD touch panel that will display both text and images in crisp, clear detail, while its 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processor supported by 12GB of DDR4 RAM allows you to multitask efficiently. The 2 TB SATA hard drive of this Asus laptop has plenty of storage space for all your files.
Processor: Intel 7th Generation Core i7
Memory: 12 GB DDR4 RAM
Storage: 2 Terabyte SATA
Screen size: 15.6 inch
Operating System: Windows 10
- The 7th generation Intel Core i7-7500U mobile processor has been fitted to an ultra-low voltage platform and provides four way, dual core processing performance. Intel’s Turbo Boost Technology delivers extra power dynamically whenever you want it.
- 12GB of high-bandwidth system memory allows full power multitasking enabling running multiple programs and browser tabs at once.
- Plenty RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications.
- The 2TB hard drive with its 5400 rpm spindle speed will store a huge collection of music, photos, DVD-quality movies and HD videos.
- Built in Bang & Olufsen stereo speakers with ICEpower audio generates unbelievable high quality sound.
- The USB Type-C thunderbolt port maximizes performance on the newest high speed devices and can be used to connect external drives and advanced monitors. This interface is ideal for digital content creators as it supports both high speed data and high resolution videos.
- No Ethernet ports
- Poor viewing angles
- Slow SATA HDD
- Keyboard is very mushy
Although the Asus Q524UQ’s design is truly beautiful, its slow HDD, poor viewing angles, and mushy keyboard make this 2-in-1 an extremely difficulty sell, especially at more than $1,000.
For those who need a heap of storage out of the box, the 2TB hard drive might be worth the price, despite the fact that it is so slow, while supporters of the new USB Type-C port will enjoy the Thunderbolt 3 compatibility, but in our opinion, there are many convertibles in this price range that are far better.